Forget Supplements – It’s About Diet
Tons of Indians are spending money on supplements that have no proven benefit in health or longevity and are ignoring what numerous studies have shown; preventing disease and dementia is all about the food you eat. This is real science with reproduced results in numerous studies. Change your diet and change your life:
· Avoid high glycemic carbohydrate diets: Carbs with high glycemic indiex have been shown to increase inflammation and oxidative stress leading to dementia.
· Eliminate completely high sugar diets: Even intermittent small blood elevations lead to dementia… even in non-diabetics.
· Eat one ounce of nuts/ day: Provides a great source of Vitamin E.
· Avoid trans fats and fast food: Numerous studies from different countries show a dose/ response relationship of increased depression and anxiety, not to mention heart disease and early death.
· Real fruit is better than fruit juice: Real fruit is loaded with natural sugar but it has equal amounts of fiber that help metabolize. Real fruit is always a good choice, not the juice.
· Eat more eggs: don’t worry about the cholesterol in eggs. Eggs provide perfect protein in a nutrient-rich low-calorie, low-fat package.
Diets high in fruits, vegetables, fish, plant oils nuts and whole gains, with lower intakes of sugar, processed meat, and animal fats, are likely to be the best bet in supporting the health of our brain as well as the rest of our body. If you eat this way you should not need vitamins or dietary supplements to maintain health.